[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Priority management for new features

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Wed Nov 11 21:58:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi neutronians,
>
> Whilst I recover from the gate failure binge eating...I wanted to put out
> there a couple of process changes that should help the drivers team and the
> PTL to improve their ability to justify priority assignments for new
> features.
>
> Comments welcome.

I commented in the review, but I thought I'd reply here as well. I don't
understand the reason to move to only using "High" and "Low" priority, it
seems somewhat arbitrary. Of course, you could argue our current system for
prioritizing is arbitrary as well, but I'd argue that utilizing all 4
priorities makes sense. Ultimately though, this is all mostly arbitrary
anyways, and we all likely understand the stuff which is important (e.g.
Essential). We have done a bad job at getting that stuff into a release in
the past though.

And now I feel like Salvatore and I'll stop pedantically meandering.