[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Default PostgreSQL server encoding is 'ascii'

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 11 18:33:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

Yeah, that's true. There shouldn't be any VBox specific hacks, and I
believe PostgreSQL uses locale's encoding by default (which is ASCII
in containers).

Well, basically the bug should be assigned on library team - we should
specify UTF-8 explicitly in PostgreSQL config, since Nailgun works
with UTF-8 [1] and we must be in sync here.

Thanks,
Igor

[1] https://github.com/openstack/fuel-web/blob/35dda0f36c4c5e52bc68492ab7ad154d14747eef/nailgun/nailgun/db/sqlalchemy/__init__.py#L36