[openstack-dev] [Fuel][fuel] How can I install Redhat-OSP using Fuel

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 12:46:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 02:15:02AM +0000, Fei LU wrote:
>    Greeting Fuel teams,
>    My company is working on the installation of virtualization
>    infrastructure, and we have noticed Fuel is a great tool, much better than
>    our own installer. The question is that Mirantis is currently supporting
>    OpenStack on CentOS and Ubuntu, while my company is using Redhat-OSP.
>    I have read all the Fuel documents, including fuel dev doc, but I haven't
>    found the solution how can I add my own release into Fuel. Or maybe I'm
>    missing something.
>    So, would you guys please give some guide or hints?

I'm guessing you already know this, but just in case - the
install/management tool for recent versions of RHEL-OSP is OSP director,
which is based directly on another OpenStack deployment project, TripleO.

So, it's only fair to point out that you may have a much easier time
participating in the TripleO community if your aim is primarily to support
deploying RHEL-OSP or RDO distributions.

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/

There are various pros/cons and differences between the TripleO and Fuel
tooling, but I hope that over time we can work towards less duplication and
more reuse between the two efforts.

Steve