[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-QA][Fuel-TechDebt] Code Quality: Do Not Hardcode - Fix Things Instead

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 11 10:58:52 UTC 2015

Matthew

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please elaborate more on the statistics
of such tech-debt eliminations? My perception is that such bugs do not ever
get fixed actually jeopardizing our efforts on bugfixing and actually
making our statistics manupilative.

So far my suggestion is the following - if you can, please do not introduce
workarounds. If you have - introduce a TODO/FIXME comment for it in the
code and create a tech-debt bug. If you see something of that kind that is
already there and does not have such a comment - add this TODO/FIXME and
create a tech-debt bug.

So this is a best effort initiative, but I would encourage core reviewers
to be stricter with such workarounds and hacks - please, do not get them
pass through your hands unless there is a really good reason to merge this
code with these hacks right now.

vkuklin at mirantis.com