[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Location of TripleO REST API

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 16:12:39 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 04:47 PM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> On 11/10/2015 04:37 PM, Giulio Fidente wrote:

>>> +1 for both

>> if both the api (coming) and the cli (currently python-tripleoclient)
>> are meant to consume the shared code (business logic) from
>> tripleo-common, then I think it makes sense to keep each in its own repo
>> ... so that we avoid renaming tripleo-common as well
>
> tripleoclient should not consume tripleo-common

so FWIW I think my vote is different depending on the plans:

a. if python-tripleoclient will be changed so that it uses tripleo-api,
then I'd vote for option 1) (have tripleo-api in -common and rename)

b. if python-tripleoclient will be changed so that it uses the shared
library in -common, then I'd vote for for option 2) (have tripleo-api in
its own repo)

on a side note, I think it should always be possible for the deployer to
skip any business logic to give complete control over the template
params for both the initial deployments and the updates
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo