[openstack-dev] [stable] Preparing 2014.2.4 (Juno) WAS Re: [Openstack-operators] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:11:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

while we continue discussion about the future of stable branches in
general and stable/juno in particular, I'd like to execute the current
plan which was[1]

2014.2.4 (eol) early November, 2015. release manager: apevec

Iff there's enough folks interested (I'm not) in keep Juno alive
longer, they could resurrect it but until concrete plan is done let's
be honest and stick to the agreed plan.

This is a call to stable-maint teams for Nova, Keystone, Glance,
Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Heat, Ceilometer, Trove and Sahara to review
open stable/juno changes[2] and approve/abandon them as appropriate.
Proposed timeline is:
* Thursday Nov 12 stable/juno freeze[3]
* Thursday Nov 19 release 2014.2.1

Cheers,
Alan

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease#Planned_stable.2Fjuno_releases_.2812_months.29

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+branch:stable/juno+AND+%28project:openstack/nova+OR+project:openstack/keystone+OR+project:openstack/glance+OR+project:openstack/cinder+OR+project:openstack/neutron+OR+project:openstack/horizon+OR+project:openstack/heat+OR+project:openstack/ceilometer+OR+project:openstack/trove+OR+project:openstack/sahara%29,n,z

[3] documented  in
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch#Stable_release_managers
TODO add in new location
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html