[openstack-dev] [oslo] Graduate cliutils.py into oslo.utils

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 13:52:03 UTC 2015

Le 10/11/2015 14:01, Davanum Srinivas a écrit :
> That's exactly what i want as well. We should just let whoever has
> copies to do whatever they want with them and drop our oversight of
> it. Since they are mature and haven't been touched for a while, i
> really don't see the need to take care of them.

Ok, let's say that cliff+keystoneauth is the new way to write clients.
13 clients already use cliff.

On these 13 clients, 5 are still using clituils.py:

* python-heatclient
* python-ironicclient
* python-mistralclient
* python-saharaclient
* python-tuskarclient

and 6 are still using apiclient/:

* python-congressclient
* python-heatclient
* python-ironicclient
* python-mistralclient
* python-saharaclient
* python-tuskarclient

Should I understand that cliff and keystoneauth doesn't contain all
functions requires by these clients?

If yes, does it make sense to move some code from cliutils.py and
apiclient to cliff / keystoneauth?

If no, we can just kill cliutils.py and apiclient in Oslo Incubator, and
help clients to upgrade their code to cliff and keystoneauth.

Victor