[openstack-dev] [HA][RabbitMQ][messaging][Pacemaker][operators] Improved OCF resource agent for dynamic active-active mirrored clustering

Andrew Beekhof abeekhof at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 01:25:49 UTC 2015

> On 23 Oct 2015, at 7:01 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
> I'm glad to announce that the pacemaker OCF resource agent for the
> rabbitmq clustering, which was born in the Fuel project initially, now
> available and maintained upstream! It will be shipped with the
> rabbitmq-server 3.5.7 package (release by November, 2015)
>
> You can read about this OCF agent in the official guide [0] (flow charts
> for promote/demote/start/stop actions in progress).

Sounds interesting, can you give any comment about how it differs to the other[i] upstream agent?
Am I right that this one is effectively A/P and wont function without some kind of shared storage?
Any particular reason you went down this path instead of full A/A?

[i] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/rabbitmq-cluster