[openstack-dev] [stable][infra][neutron] ZUUL_BRANCH not set for periodic stable jobs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 9 17:25:26 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-09 17:31:00 +0100 (+0100), Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
[...]
> From the failure log, I determined that the tests fail because they assume
> neutron/liberty code, but actually run against neutron/master (that does not
> have that neutron.plugins.embrane.* namespace because the plugin was removed
> in Mitaka).
>
> I then compared how we fetch neutron in gate and in periodic jobs, and I see
> that ZUUL branch is not set in the latter jobs.
[...]

Short answer is that the periodic trigger in Zuul is changeless and
thus branchless. It just wakes up at the specified time and starts a
list of jobs associated with that pipeline for any projects. This is
why the working periodic jobs have different names than their gerrit
triggered pipeline equivalents... they need to hard-code a branch
(usually as a JJB parameter).
--
Jeremy Stanley