[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] About rebuilding volume-backed instances.

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:15:35 UTC 2015

Hi, thanks all for replying, sorry I might be a bit unclear.

We have user demands that we only change the root device of an
volume-backed instance for upper layer services. It's not cloudy but it is
quite common. And changing OS is another demand that sort of related to
this.

Cinder supports live-backup volume, but not support live-restore a volume.

Are we planning to support this kind of action?

Yours,
Zheng