[openstack-dev] [nova][api]

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Mon Nov 9 10:03:43 UTC 2015

On 9 November 2015 at 06:29, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 12:30:19PM +0000, John Garbutt wrote:
>
>> Ideally, I would like us to fill out that pagination part first.
>
> It seems the person leading this within the API-WG is AWOL so ...
>
>> If we can't get global agreement quickly, we should at least get a
>> Nova API wide standard pattern.
>
> I've love to raise my hand to do this but ....
>
>> Am I missing something here?
>
> How long do we leave the specs that started this in limbo?

I don't know we have a rule. But I think we agree that time has now
passed for the API WG spec.

> I don't really want to make life harder for anyone it just struck me that we
> had some interest here and now and we could run with that.

I would recommend the people interested in pagination in those specs,
group together, and take Everett's advice of looking at the pagination
in the existing APIs. With that comparison, it should be easier to
reach consensus on the API WG.

While I know its really annoying, I would rather not add any more
pagination until we reach an agreement with the API WG, because of how
long we must support such API changes after merging them.

Thanks,
John