[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Nov 9 06:12:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 09:20:08AM -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> It also extends the life and number of tests that need to be run against
> things in Tempest, which already runs several dozen jobs per change proposed
> today (since Tempest is branchless).

Okay this is something that I hadn't thought of before, and none of the people
I spoke to have mentioned.  That is somethign I dont' even have a half-formed
"answer" for.

> At this point stable/juno is pretty much a goner, IMO. The last few months
> of activity that I've been involved in have been dealing with requirements
> capping issues, which as we've seen you fix one issue to unwedge a project
> and with the g-r syncs we end up breaking 2 other projects, and the cycle
> never ends.

Yeah the requirements wack-a-mole or tangled-web-of-onions.  I feel like we're
always one review away from sorting it out :)

> This is not as problematic in stable/kilo because we've done a better job of
> isolating versions in g-r from the start, but things won't get really good
> until stable/liberty when we've got upper-constraints in action.

Also we're doing better with upgrades in newwer releases so in general things
are looking up :D

> So I'm optimistic that we can keep stable/kilo around and working longer
> than what we've normally done in the past, but I don't hold out much hope
> for stable/juno at this point given it's current state.

Yours Tony.