[openstack-dev] [puppet] New Puppet module for Tacker Project

Emilien Macchi emilien.macchi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:24:38 UTC 2015

On 11/07/2015 05:29 AM, Dan Radez wrote:
> I've recently become involved in the Tacker project:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Tacker
>
> I have been deploying with puppet and collected some puppet code that I
> would like to push openstack in a new puppet module puppet-tacker.
>
> I've begun to collect the code here:
> https://github.com/radez/puppet-tacker
>
> I've just found the page on the openstack puppet wiki about using cookie
> cutter and modulesync. I start that process now, was interested to get a
> mailing list discussion going. I'll be sure to complete it before I push
> any code into openstack repos.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for putting this effort in our community!
Every new module has to follow this process:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Puppet/New_module

So we make sure our modules are consistent and compliant with our way to
develop Puppet modules.

In your case, I suggest to
1/ move the module to OpenStack namespace
2/ submit the patch in Governance to add the new repo, though I'm not
sure this module can be "big tent", since afik Tacker is not big tent.
We'll figure out with TC.
3/ Adapt your module with our Wiki page documentation, and the tool we use.

I'm off next week, but don't hesitate to come up on #puppet-openstack
(freenode) and ask for help.

Emilien