[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Converting the AIO bootstrap script to Ansible

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Fri Nov 6 21:34:54 UTC 2015

Hey folks,

After 51 patch sets, I feel that the AIO bootstrap conversion to Ansible is worth reviewing[1].  There was a bunch of logic within the bootstrap-aio.sh script that took a bunch of tries to get right.  Also, I ended up with some ssh timing issues in the dsvm tests that caused some serious head-scratching.

I've tried to copy the exact functionality from bootstrap-aio.sh without making many improvements.  There were some areas where Ansible made things much simpler, which was nice.  This should also make it easier to support more than one operating system (the multi-platform-host blueprint) and I've stubbed out some initial support for RPM-based distributions within a variables file in the playbook.

Feel free to critique it and I'll get to work on making the changes.  The spec[2] should answer most of the questions about the effort.

Thanks! :)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239525/
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-specs/specs/mitaka/convert-aio-bootstrap-to-ansible.html

--