[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Fri Nov 6 21:27:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 05:28:13PM +0000, Mark Baker wrote:
:Worth mentioning that OpenStack releases that come out at the same time as
:Ubuntu LTS releases (12.04 + Essex, 14.04 + Icehouse, 16.04 + Mitaka) are
:supported for 5 years by Canonical so are already kind of an LTS. Support
:in this context means patches, updates and commercial support (for a fee).
:For paying customers 3 years of patches, updates and commercial support for
:April releases, (Kilo, O, Q etc..) is also available.

<sarcasm>
And Canonical will support a live upgarde directly from Essex to
Icehouse and Icehouse to Mitaka?

I'd love to see Shuttleworth do that that as a live keynote, but only
on a system with at least hundres on nodes and many VMs...
</ sarcasm>

That's where LTS falls down conceptually we're struggling to make
single release upgrades work at this point.

I do agree LTS for release would be great but honestly OpenStack isn't
Mature enough for that yet.

-Jon