[openstack-dev] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Nov 6 19:42:20 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 01:15 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'll start by acknowledging that this is a big and complex issue and I
> do not claim to be across all the view points, nor do I claim to be
> particularly persuasive ;P
>
> Having stated that, I'd like to seek constructive feedback on the idea of
> keeping Juno around for a little longer.  During the summit I spoke to a
> number of operators, vendors and developers on this topic.  There was some
> support and some "That's crazy pants!" responses.  I clearly didn't make it
> around to everyone, hence this email.
>
> Acknowledging my affiliation/bias:  I work for Rackspace in the private
> cloud team.  We support a number of customers currently running Juno that are,
> for a variety of reasons, challenged by the Kilo upgrade.

The upstream strategy has been make upgrades unexciting, and then folks
can move forward easily.

I would really like to unpack what those various reasons are that people
are trapped. Because figuring out why they feel that way is important
data in what needs to be done better on upgrade support and testing.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net