[openstack-dev] DevStack errors...

Thales thaleslv at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 20:16:06 UTC 2015

Neil Jerram wrote:"When you say 'on Ubuntu 14.04', are we talking a completely fresh install with nothing else on it?  That's the most reliable way to run DevStack - people normally create a fresh disposable VM for this kind of work."

   -- I finally got it running!   I did what you said, and created a VM.   I basically followed this guys video tutorial.  The only difference is I used the stable/liberty instead of the stable/icehouse (which I guess no longer exists).   It is, however, *very* slow on my machine, with 4 giga bytes and 30 GB HDD.
   I did have some problems getting VirtualBox working (I know others are using VMware) with their "guest additions", because none of the standard instructions worked.    Some user on askubuntu.com here had the answer.  This gave me the bigger screen.http://askubuntu.com/questions/451805/screen-resolution-problem-with-ubuntu-14-04-and-virtualbox

  The answer given by the guy named "Chip" and then the reply to him by "Snark" did the trick.
The tutorial I used:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoi8WpGwrXM

  I supplied details here in case anyone else has the same difficulties.
   Thanks for the help!