[openstack-dev] openstack-barbican-authenticate-keystone-barbican-command

Dave McCowan (dmccowan) dmccowan at cisco.com
Thu Nov 5 00:49:34 UTC 2015

Hi Arif--
    Maybe using the OpenStack client would be easier for you.  It will take care of authenticating with Keystone, setting the HTTP headers, and providing reasonable defaults.
    It looks like you have installed OpenStack with DevStack.  If this is the case:

    $ cd ~/devstack
    $ source openrc admin admin
    $ openstack secret store -p "super secret data"
    # An HREF is returned in the response when the secret has been stored
    $ openstack secret get  <HREF> -p
    # Your secret is returned

   Drop by our IRC channel at #openstack-barbican on freenode if you have more questions, or if this suggestion doesn't work with your deployment.
--Dave