[openstack-dev] [all] Outcome of distributed lock manager discussion @ the summit

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Nov 4 20:02:41 UTC 2015

On Nov 3, 2015, at 6:45 AM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a Devstack review for zookeeper in support of this initiative:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/241040
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

I thought that the operators at that session made it very clear that they would *not* run any Java applications, and that if OpenStack required a Java app to run, they would no longer use it.

I like the idea of using Zookeeper as the DLM, but I don't think it should be set up as a default, even for devstack, given the vehement opposition expressed.

-- Ed Leafe