[openstack-dev] [requirements] [infra] speeding up gate runs?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Nov 4 18:37:28 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 01:26 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 5 November 2015 at 06:21, Morgan Fainberg <morgan.fainberg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If it is that easy, what a fantastic win in speeding things up!
>
> It'll help, but skew as new things are released - so e.g. after a
> release of numpy until the next image builds and is enabled
> successfully.
>
> We could have a network mirror with prebuilt wheels with some care,
> but thats a bit more work. The upside is we could be refreshing it
> hourly or so without a multi-GB upload.

It only really will screw when upper-constraints.txt gets updated on a
branch.

I honestly think it's ok to not be perfect here. In the base case we'll
speed up a good chunk, and we'll be slower (though not as slow as today)
for a day after we bump upper-constraints for something expensive (like
numpy). It seems like a reasonable trade off for not much complexity.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net