[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins][Ironic] Deploy Ironic with fuel ?

Stanisław Dałek sdalek at cloudferro.com
Wed Nov 4 16:54:46 UTC 2015

Pavlo,

I tried to deploy Ironic from Fuel 8.0 release (iso build
fuel-community-8.0-83-2015-11-02_05-42-11)

4b1f91ad496c571e4cbc5931134db6479e582c8b

After creating a fuel network-group as You suggested to Loic and
configuring an Ironic deployment (4 nodes including controller, compute,
cinder and Ironic) , I am getting an error during the deployment of
firewall.pp on the controller node:

$$network_metadata["vips"]["baremetal"] is :undef, not a hash or array
at /etc/puppet/modules/osnailyfacter/modular/firewall/firewall.pp:52 on
node node-36.domain.tld

It seems the the vip for the baremetal network hasn't been created.
Please note, I didn't deploy the Fuel-Plugin-Ironic Loic refers to (I
tried it in 7.0, but it doesn't work anyway), but used the Ironic
functionality available in 8.0.

Is there anyway I can make it work??

Best regards
Stanislaw