[openstack-dev] Troubleshooting cross-project comms

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 4 13:00:58 UTC 2015

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> Has anyone considered using #openstack-dev, instead of a new meeting
>> room? #openstack-dev is mostly a ghost town at this point, and deciding
>> that instead it would be the dedicated cross project space, including
>> meetings support, might be interesting.

+1

Originally #openstack-dev was the only dev channel, the one we ask every
dev to join by default. Then it was the channel that teams would use if
they didn't have their own. Now that most/all teams have their own,
nobody discusses in it anymore, but it still is our most crowded channel
(by virtue of being the old default dev channel).

So officially repurposing it for cross-project discussions /
announcements sounds like a good idea. Think of it as a permanent
cross-project meeting / announcement space.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)