[openstack-dev] [ironic] [inspector] Auto discovery extension for Ironic Inspector

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 3 21:41:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

For auto-setting driver options on enrollment, I would vote for option 2
with default being fake driver + optional CMDB integration. This would ease
managing a homogeneous pool of BMs, but still (using fake driver or data
from CMDB) work reasonably well in heterogeneous case.

As for setting a random password, CMDB integration is crucial IMO. Large
deployments usually have some sort of it already, and it must serve as a
single source of truth for the deployment. So if inspector is changing the
ipmi password, it should not only notify/update Ironic's knowledge on that
node, but also notify/update the CMDB on that change - at least there must
be a possibility (a ready-to-use plug point) to do that before we roll out
such feature.

Best regards,
--
Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy