[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] should we open gate for per sub-project stable-maint teams?

Salvatore Orlando salv.orlando at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:20:33 UTC 2015

This plan makes a lot of sense to me.
With the staggering number of sub-projects in neutron it is impossible for
the stable team to cope with the load. Delegation and decentralisation is a
must and both sub-project maintainers and the stable team will benefit from
it.
Also, since patches can always be reverted and rights revoked in case of
misbehaviour I do not see any major downside.
I am sure the stable maint team will periodically monitor what's being
backported in order to intervene quickly if backport policies are violated.

Salvatore