[openstack-dev] [oslo][bandit] Handling bandit configuration files in Oslo.

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 09:50:53 UTC 2015

Le 02/11/2015 19:40, Brant Knudson a écrit :
> (...) by typing something like:
>
>     $ bandit-conf-generator --disable try_except_pass --out bandit.yaml
>     oslo.messaging ~/openstack/bandit/bandit/config/bandit.yaml
>

> (...) we should have a config file for bandit-conf-generator...
> but then why not just have bandit know how to read the
> bandit-conf-generator config file and skip the extra step?

Hi,

I don't like very long command lines, it's hard to document them or
comment them. I prefer configuration files. But bandit.yaml, the
"template", is already a configuration file!?

As Brant wrote, we should enhance Bandit to use a simpler configuration
file. Or maybe we should have our own configuration file which on ly
contains "differences" between the YAML template and the expected YAML
output configuration file. Basically, the "differences" is what you
wrote on the command line.

Anyway, it would be better to add this new bandit-conf-generator tool
(or making config simpler) directly in Bandit. What do you think Cyril?

Victor