[openstack-dev] About the response parameters of the API List volumes

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:42:43 UTC 2015

Absolutely an oversight as far as I can tell - probably similar problems in
the admin --all-tenants view of various other cinder resources. Patch
welcome once we get micro-versions landed, in the meantime it would be
great if you could file a bug, and ideally check any other views (snaps,
backups, cgs, etc) for the same problem.

Thanks

On 30 October 2015 at 17:45, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> On 10/27/2015 9:57 PM, chenying wrote:
>
>> hi, Folks
>>
>> The API: GET/v2/​{tenant_id}​/volumes  List volumes
>>
>> When we use the tenant admin to list all the created volumes, we can
>> list all tenant's volumes. But the response parameters do not include
>>
>> the parameter tenant_id. For a administrator, it is reasonable to see
>> the the tenant_id of a volume form the response.
>>
>> So why don't we add the tenant_id to the response parameters of this
>> API? What's the reason? Thanks.
>>

>> Best regard.
>> chenying(IRC)
>> ying.chen at huawei.com

> It might just be an oversight. There is a similar issue with listing all
> tenant server groups as an admin in nova, and a spec was proposed [1]. To
> fix that, we use microversions (in nova). Cinder is working toward
> microversion support in Mitaka I believe be able to easily make API changes
> like this which are otherwise backward incompatible since you're changing
> the response.

> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Riedemann