[openstack-dev] How we can find list of medium/low bugs for nova

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Nov 2 14:54:20 UTC 2015

On 11/2/2015 8:46 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 11/1/2015 2:56 AM, chandraprakash mishra wrote:
>>
>> I want to just start participation in openstack-nova from low/medium
>> level of bugs.
>> I tried to list out bugs but i am confused about target .is it all bugs
>> based on target (Kilo,Liberty)
>> or we can start random bugs from _nova list bug
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack/+bugs?field.searchtext=nova&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.importance%3Alist=MEDIUM&field.importance%3Alist=LOW&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&orderby=-importance&memo=75&start=75>
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Chandra Prakash Mishra
>> Software engineer,hp
>> 9611424996

> These are low/medium open nova bugs that don't have anyone assigned:
>
> https://goo.gl/uo3vGy

As soon as I sent this I noticed that most of these low/medium nova bugs
are 1+ years old, meaning they are probably bigger problems (effort) to
solve that are low priority for the project, so maybe not a great place
for a new person to start. But you're free to sift through them and see
if there is anything worth picking up. There might also be things in
that list that are no longer valid and we could just close out; ask
about bugs like that in the #openstack-nova IRC channel.

Matt Riedemann