[openstack-dev] [puppet] operator_roles in puppet-swift?

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Mon Nov 2 04:24:46 UTC 2015

I'd like to get some clarification and hopefully correction on the values
for the two operator_roles variables. One is in manifests/keystone/auth.pp,
and it claims "Array of strings. List of roles Swift considers as admin.".
The other is in manifests/proxy/keystone.pp and it claims to be "a list of
keystone roles a user must have to gain access to Swift.".  "gain access
to" does not imply admin to me, it implies basic features won't work, but
I'm not sure that's really what it means.

So are these in fact separate concepts? What I read is that despite them
having the same name, one is for admins, and one is needed to use swift at
all. However, since they both default to ["admin", "SwiftOperator"], I
don't really think that's true.

Can someone clarify and then fix the comments or code?