[openstack-dev] [puppet] Renaming the IRC channel to #openstack-puppet

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Fri May 29 19:39:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

We recently asked for our IRC channel (#puppet-openstack) to be logged
by the infra team. We happen to be the only channel suffixing the word
"openstack" instead of prefixing it. [1]

I would like to propose renaming our IRC channnel to #openstack-puppet
to better fit the "mold" (convention) already in place and be more
intuitive for new comers to discover.

Jemery Stanley (fungi) explained to me that previous IRC channel renames
were done following the Ubuntu procedure. [2] Last rename I remember of
was #openstack-stable to #openstack-release and it went smoothly without
any serious problem.

What do you guys think about the idea?

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/MovingChannels

Note: I already registered the channel name for safe measures.

--
Mathieu