[openstack-dev] [infra] [qa] A place for gate job contacts?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 28 20:46:29 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-28 13:30:44 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
[...]
> Do we already have this hidden somewhere, or would it make sense to
> maybe add this as something in openstack-infra/project-config along side
> the jjb definition that creates the job/class of job somehow?
[...]

We don't (yet anyway). It's a little tricky since a "job" isn't
necessarily a particular configuration element but rather often
arises by instantiating a parameterized template. So the assembly of
a particular template along with a specific set of parameters is
what we might want to associate with a given contact. It's possible
we could add a contact parameter to these so that it accompanies
each job configuration as metadata and transform that into a
responsible parties list somewhere easy to reference... but I expect
there are plenty of alternative options for this. Also we should get
input from the QA team as well (tag added) since they'd be one of
the more frequent consumers of this information.
--
Jeremy Stanley