[openstack-dev] [Zaqar][all] Zaqar will stay... Lots of work ahead

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Thu May 28 19:02:08 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 07:20 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I don't know AMQP very well. At the protocol level, are Exchanges, Queues, etc things? Are fanout, durability, and other things required or optional to be implemented?

AMQP 1.0 is very different from the pre 1.0 versions. Where 0.8/0.9
focus on defining the internals of a particular broker implementation
(queues, exchanges, bindings etc) and 1.0 does not dictate any of that
and focuses instead on the protocol for transferring messages between
processes.

So supporting AMQP 1.0 wouldn't require zaqar to adopt any new model.
It's just an alternative protocol/encoding on the wire for getting
messages into (and out of) the zaqar service.