[openstack-dev] [Manila] [Cinder] About how to hide the dummy destination record during migration

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:22:37 UTC 2015

This manilla feature is essentially the same as the admin metadata already
attached to the volume in cinder, but with a slightly nicer internal API.
It could be used for migration, though the fields essentially map onto
almost all of the fields already in a volume; that isn't necessarily a
problem, and the fact we have a volume object shim now might make it easier.

I don't think this is a good match for image caching; the special tenant
seems like a better match for that.

If snapshots have admin metadata, then the same approach as migration might
be usable for the 'hidden' volume needed to do generic backup-from-snap.

Duncan Thomas