[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][all] Scalable metering

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:04:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:03 PM, gordon chung <gord at live.ca> wrote:

> hi Tim,
>
> we're still doing some investigation but we're tracking/discussing part of
> the polling load issue here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185084/
>
> we're open to any ideas -- especially from nova api et al experts.

So I agree doing lots of naive polling can lead to issues on even the
fastest of APIs, but are there any bugs about this that were opened against
nova? At the very least nova should investigate why the specific calls are
so slow and see if we what we can do to make them at least a little faster
and lighter weight.