[openstack-dev] [oslo] Updates from the Summit

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:47:42 UTC 2015

Hi Team,

Here are the etherpads from the summit[1].
Some highlights are as follows:
Oslo.messaging : Took status of the existing zmq driver, proposed a
new driver in parallel to the existing zmq driver. Also looked at
possibility of using Pika with RabbitMQ. Folks from pivotal promised
to help with our scenarios as well.
Oslo.rootwrap : Debated daemon vs a new privileged service. The Nova
change to add rootwrap as daemon is on hold pending progress on the
privsep proposal/activity.
Oslo.versionedobjects : We had a nice presentation from Dan about what
o.vo can do and a deepdive into what we could do in next release.
Taskflow : Josh and team came up with several new features and how to
improve usability

We will also have several new libraries in Liberty (oslo.cache,
oslo.service, oslo.reports, futurist, automaton etc). We talked about
our release processes, functional testing, deprecation strategies and
debated a but about how best to move to async models as well. Please
see etherpads for detailed information.

thanks,
dims

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Design_Summit/Liberty/Etherpads#Oslo