[openstack-dev] [openstackclient] Use and practices of --format shell for defining individual variables

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:24:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Ronald Bradford <me at ronaldbradford.com>
wrote:

> I came across the following neutron client specific syntax and decided to
> see if I could reproduce using the openstack client and it's flexible
> formatting capabilities

I'll just say off the top it is unlikely as there are only two resources
implemented using the Network API.  The remaining networking functions use
the Compute API for nova-net.

We have not really mapped the requried commands to OSC form yet, that is
going to be the hardest part of implementing them.  They need to be
consistent with the rest of OSC.

Some of what you mentioned is common to all OSC commands, like the output
formatting is all done with cliff.  I don't know how much of that would be
common to neutronclient too since it also uses cliff, but sometimes in a
different way.

dt

--

Dean Troyer