[openstack-dev] [Fuel] vxlan support

Samuel Bartel samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:29:03 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I have a question about implementation of vxlan for neutron.
there is a blueprint on that topic in launchpad from 2014/03/21:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/neutron-vxlan-support

several fixes have been pushed but all of them have been abandonned or
refused.

Is there any technical reason to not having vxlan support on fuel or is it
just not a priority for product manager?
In fuel 5.0 and 5.1 we customize fuel in order to have this segmentation
type.
starting from fuel 6.0, I have made a plugin for vxlan but not totally
satisfied by that way to process. It will be cleaner to having vlxan
directly ship into fuel core.
So if there is no technical issue and if it not already shiped into the
advanced network topic, I can work on a fix to add this feature in fuel 7.0

regards

Samuel