[openstack-dev] [kolla] Functional gate expansion

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon May 25 18:54:43 UTC 2015

Hey fellow Kolla devs,

With Sam’s recent change to add build from source as an option and build from Debuntian binaries as an option, we will end up in a situation where our gate will take 4+ hours to build all of the images and run the functional tests.  I would like to separate each major distro and source type with a separate functional gate, for example:

centos-rdo
fedora-rdo
ubuntu-binary
debian-bianry
centos-source
fedora-source
debian-source
ubuntu-source

I propose separating each of these as a separate non-voting check job.  What needs to happen in our image building scripts, our functional tests, and the project-config repo to make this happen?

I’d like to make our current functional gate voting asap, but don’t want to block build from source to make that happen.

Jeff & Sam, can you two sort this problem out?

Regards
-steve