[openstack-dev] [glance] [kolla] [magnum] [nova] [neutron] Vancouver Summit Operations Containers Session

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon May 25 17:13:26 UTC 2015

On 22/05/15 12:35 -0700, Richard Raseley wrote:
>Daniel Comnea wrote:
>>Since i couldn't attend the summit, are there any AIs which needs to
>>happen/ take place and which i can keep an eye on?
>
>There weren't any action items, which aren't already (in whole or in
>part) in flight as part of their respective product discussions.
>
>From my perspective, a couple of the key bits which came out of the
>discussion were:
>
>* There needs to be a lot of consideration given to the use-case of
>containers as pets, not just as cattle. This is especially important
>from a service provider point of view. People want things like
>live-migration, non-ephemeral storage, etc.
>
>* There is some confusion around what networking models play in what
>ways (e.g. Neutron integration).
>
>* Interest in how Glance is going to solve the issue of 'hierarchical
>images' (for lack of a better term), which is important to some
>container models. This was as coupled with interest in making Glance a
>more generic artifact storage service.

There's work going on on something called Artifacts[0], which - in a
poorly worded definition - is an enhancement of the current image
model in Glance.

It'll take some time for the full migration to happen but that should
solve your requirement.

[0] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/glance-specs/specs/kilo/artifact-repository.html