[openstack-dev] Why need br-int and br-tun in openstack neutron

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon May 25 06:55:15 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Comments in-line.

No it's from another author but just the same text (almost exactly).
i.e. https://www.diffchecker.com/xl98zm9a

Either it's the same poster or some freak coincidence, or just some copy paste..

Also Vivek gave the correct answer on that thread:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2014-April/006868.html

In a nutshell, decoupling the overlay layer from the VM connectivity.
VMs are always connected to the br-int the same way, but the overlay
(vxlan/gre or vlans) is connected differently.