[openstack-dev] [openstackclient] [magnum] Review of object and actions for magnumclient implementation

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Mon May 25 02:35:12 UTC 2015

Thanks for taking the initiative on this! Remarks in-line...

On May 24, 2015, at 11:20 AM, Ronald Bradford <me at ronaldbradford.com<mailto:me at ronaldbradford.com>> wrote:

I have outlined in the blueprint  (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+spec/magnum-support) the object and actions mappings that are currently available in the magnumclient.

I have separated the list of actions that are presently used and actions that are not for review and discussion. Specifically These actions DO NOT match.

bay [ update ]

Ok.

container [ execute | start | stop ]

Consider using exec instead of execute. This would more closely match the docker CLI, and improves usability. Consider patching this in the API and python-magnumclient to keep it consistent. This will tighten up the user experience for those using both Magnum through OSC and Docker natively on Docker Swarm bays.

Start and stop are ok.

pod [ update ]

Ok.

replication controller [ update ]

Use "rc" here so we do not have a two word noun.

service [ update ]

Ok.

Thanks,

Adrian

I would appreciate feedback on if these actions "update", "execute", "start" and "stop" are appropriate to use.

Regards

Ronald