[openstack-dev] [nova] Tempest failure help

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 19 22:22:28 UTC 2015

On 5/19/2015 2:18 PM, Sam Morrison wrote:
> Hi nova devs,
>
> I have a patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181776/ where I have a
> failing tempest job which I can’t figure out. Can anyone help me?
>
> Cheers,
> Sam

I dug a little bit in your change and I think the problem is a random az
getting set as the device_owner.  If you look at a change that's passing
the neutron job, you'll see the device_owner on the port is
'compute:None' so instance.availability_zone is None in these test runs.

In your change, it's a random number for the az which is screwing
something up somewhere.  Could be a problem elsewhere in nova, or
neutron, or tempest, or devstack, that's something I don't know right
now. :(

Matt Riedemann