[openstack-dev] OpenStack 2015.1.0 for Debian Sid and Jessie

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Sat May 16 15:37:45 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On 16/05/15 06:52, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> On 05/15/2015 10:37 AM, Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com wrote:
>> Out of interest, have you done this by re-releasing the Ubuntu
>> packaging? Or have you taken an independent approach?
>>
>> Regards,
>>      Neil
>
> It's been since Folsom that I've released packages on my own in Debian.
> Absolutely zero packaging work was imported from Ubuntu to Debian in
> this release also. In fact, it's the opposite which (often) happens: the
> last release, Juno, in Ubuntu, was using nearly 100% of my work for
> packaging the dependencies (including Oslo libraries and the
> python-*client packages). This last Kilo release is different because I
> couldn't upload to Debian during the freeze of Jessie, so Canonical had
> to work on Oslo packages of their own.

Many thanks for explaining all this.  For some reason I had it in my
mind that OpenStack hadn't previously been released to the main Debian
archive, but clearly that is just wrong.

> This shows especially on the
> naming of the oslo packages, with a dash in Ubuntu (which seems to be a
> mistake), and a dot in Debian (which is compatible with what the
> egg-info declares).

I recall people on this ML talking about some systematic change in Oslo
module naming - could it possibly be related?

Regards,
	Neil