[openstack-dev] [Murano] [Mistral] [Zaqar] [Keystone] SSH workflow action

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri May 15 15:59:42 UTC 2015

On 05/15/2015 11:12 AM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> And if its tied into nova, perhaps the service account password never is given to the vm, but the vm has a mechanism for fetching fresh keystone tokens, maybe a special url on the metadata server.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>
> I think we have to be very careful with cheep, easy, user provisionable user accounts. I know we've had a hard enough time getting clouds to land at our organization because policies had to be adapted. I think the policies around User account allocation and particularly password strength, password rotation and administratively disabling them, will be the biggest challenge to the policies yet.
>
> Now if it was kind of a different thing, "service accounts", that might be more palatable to the powers that be.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

I'd like service accounts to be tied in with X509 validation and not
even be able to do Password.  We can use Barbican to do the actual X509
issue.

Revocations might be an issue;  We need to make sure the Keystone server
checks a CRL from Barbican.

Kerberos is a better option.  With FreeIPA, it is a viable alternative
even for smaller deployments.

>>> http://www.mirantis.com <http://www.mirantis.com/>
>>> Tel. +1 650 963 9828