[openstack-dev] [Nova] The security group is confused in the create server api

Lei Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:54:10 UTC 2015

Thank for your reply.

I read that thread, but it just throw a exception when using confused
params.

To solve this issue, is it worth to create a now micro version of api to
implement above cli?

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Feodor Tersin <ftersin at cloudscaling.com>
wrote:

>>     nova boot test --flavor m1.tiny --security_group ssh
>> --security_group http --nic net-id=xxxxxxxxxxx --nic port-id=yyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>> Which port/nic the security group should bind to?  the first one? both?
>>

> Both groups will be set to a new port of xxx network. A set of port yyy SG
> will not be changed.
>
> This question was discussed here recently:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-February/056339.html.
> See also https://review.openstack.org/#/c/154068/ with its comments.
>

>> The legacy network will be removed and I think it is the time to change
>> the API to satisfied the new situation. May be the new cli like below:
>>
>>     nova boot test --flavor m1.tiny --nic
>> net-id=xxxxxx,security_group=ssh  --nic port-id=yyyyyyyyy --nic
>> net-id=zzzzzzzz,security_group=http,security_group=mysql
>>

> I agree, API have to be more straightforward.

Lei Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me
twitter/weibo: @jeffrey4l