[openstack-dev] [chef][infra] #openstack-meeting-5 proposal to open up

JJ Asghar jasghar at chef.io
Tue May 12 18:07:10 UTC 2015

> On May 12, 2015, at 6:56 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>
> JJ Asghar wrote:
>> We have our official meeting time at 1500UTC/1600GMTorBST on Monday and
>> it seems all the rooms are taken.  Is it possible to open up
>> #openstack-meeting-5?
>>
>> I asked in #openstack-infra and fungi suggested I ask the mailing list.
>
> That said, I'd consider that OpenStack projects should have priority in
> the #openstack-meeting rooms. The Monday 15:00 UTC slot is blocked by
> two non-OpenStack project teams: Satori and Akanda. If the choice is
> between creating another meeting channel and asking non-OpenStack
> projects to move sometimes/somewhere else, I think at this time the
> second option makes most sense.
>
> Satori, in particular, never met once in the last 7 months. I think we
> can safely retire their meeting slot and give it to you (in
> #openstack-meeting-alt)

First thanks for finding us a room. I greatly appreciate you going through the time to find us something. Unfortunately I got BST/GMT/UTC mixed up and it turns out we are looking for 1600 UTC. I’ve discovered that we have things in both UTC and GMT, and I’ve taken an action item to convert everything to UTC and only use UTC from now on.

Turns out there are two open slots at 1600 UTC on Mondays. I’m requesting to take #openstack-meeting-3 as our official meeting time as of next Monday 2015-05-18.

Can I go ahead and update the wiki to reflect this? Is there anything else i need to do procedurally to claim that hour?

Thanks!

-JJ