[openstack-dev] [Nutron] Extending database schema from 3rd-party plugin

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at raorn.name
Tue May 12 17:42:54 UTC 2015

Greetings!

I am developing ML2 type/mech plugin for some very special
environment.  Because this environment is very special (using
addressing based on physical hypervisor location), it will be
separate package, I don't plan to alter Neutron code.  And this
plugin needs to store some information in Neutron database.  Not
altering existing tables, but adding couple.

I'm not very good with alembic (better say not good at all),
maybe someone can enlight me, if this possible at all and how to
make it with minimal damage.  I am writing this plugin for Kilo
release, and this installation is supposed to be further updated
to next OpenStack releases.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- https://plus.google.com/+AlexeyFroloff