[openstack-dev] [nova][all] Architecture Diagrams in ascii art?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Tue May 12 15:17:27 UTC 2015

I'd recommend images if we could figure it out, so much nicer...

I thought we weren't in a time machine anymore, but idk, ha.

Maybe we are all in a hot tub together...

Anyways joking aside,

Stuff like https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/RunInstanceWorkflows was
generated using https://www.websequencediagrams.com/ and hopefully that
has been useful for folks... (others that I created years ago are at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StructuredWorkflows). Those can be
composed of ascii (ie
https://gist.github.com/j-griffith/5580419#file-cinder-create-sequence-L16
and then converted to images at runtime). Maybe we need to figure out
how to do this, ascii in text, but generated into image/images when
gerrit views them (via some auxiliary image producing zuul job?)

-Josh