[openstack-dev] [trove] How we make service vm to connect to management network

Li Tianqing jazeltq at 163.com
Tue May 12 01:04:24 UTC 2015

1) Would you expect a deployer to create this tenant prior to configuring Trove in this manner?
Yes, i think we can use tenant 'services'

2) What impact would you expect this to have on quotas? For example, should this tenant just have “infinite” quota for CPU/storage etc or should the resources be proxied back to the tenant creating the Trove instance?
I think infinite would be prefer. We only conculate database instance and it's flavor. We do not care which tenant the nova instance is in.

3) Provide clear documentation as to how the separate messaging network is setup between the Trove control plane and the guest instances.
    Is it the final way to set up  trove? For you have limit on user to use private network. How about the trove network is same with the user's private network in cidr?
    Or is there better way to make the trove-taskmanager to connect to with guest instances.

4) Can you specify which management operations are of most interest to you?
    quotas.

5 ) I’m confused by this comment: "The client can not fully use the api. It is .....  I think may be trove developers think all trove user are nice person who will never curse.” Would you mind providing a little more explanation about what you are getting at?
   I find the trove-client can not use mgmt api. So i say that the client can not fully use the api. Is it clear?

--

Best
    Li Tianqing

Thanks for your input – definitely useful to get your perspective on some of the challenges implementing Trove in production. I definitely have an interest in understanding how we can improve the project going forward to address some of these concerns.

Given that Summit is coming up (now one week away!) it seems like it might be useful to collect some more info on the requirements and convene a session during design summit for the community to discuss.

As I understand it what you are looking for is:
Make it easily configurable for Trove to allocate Nova instances within a particular named tenant. Some questions for you:
Would you expect a deployer to create this tenant prior to configuring Trove in this manner?
What impact would you expect this to have on quotas? For example, should this tenant just have “infinite” quota for CPU/storage etc or should the resources be proxied back to the tenant creating the Trove instance?
Provide clear documentation as to how the separate messaging network is setup between the Trove control plane and the guest instances.
Implement a CLI for Trove management. Some questions for you:
Can you specify which management operations are of most interest to you?
I’m confused by this comment: "The client can not fully use the api. It is .....  I think may be trove developers think all trove user are nice person who will never curse.” Would you mind providing a little more explanation about what you are getting at?
Regards,
Doug