[openstack-dev] [nova][api] Allow passing body for more API methods

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Mon May 11 16:44:50 UTC 2015

> Why is DELETE /volumes/ID?force=true not an option?

> I believe it's valid for DELETE method to take parameters. Just not a body.

I am not 100%  sure that it would be considered  RESTful  as it could violates some REST principle....but I think we do not want to open this discussion.
So yes it could be a good compromise for the specific issue, my proposal was for a more general case.

> Agreed. Violating the HTTP spec is something that should be avoided.

Actually it is not violating the HTTP spec, from RFC:
"  A payload within a DELETE request message has no defined semantics;
   sending a payload body on a DELETE request might cause some existing
   implementations to reject the request."

The RFC prohibit the use of a body just for the TRACE:
" A client MUST NOT send a message body in a TRACE request."

Thanks
--
Andrea Rosa