[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] disabling pypy unit test jobs for oslo

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Mon May 11 10:19:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:52:13AM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Fri, May 08 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
> > The jobs running unit tests under pypy are failing for several Oslo
> > libraries for reasons that have nothing to do with the libraries
> > themselves, as far as I can tell (they pass locally). I have proposed
> > a change to mark the jobs as non-voting [1] until someone can fix
> > them, but we need a volunteer to look at the failure and understand why
> > they fail.
> >
> > Does anyone want to step up to do that? If we don't have a volunteer in
> > the next couple of weeks, I'll go ahead and remove the jobs so we can
> > use those test nodes for other jobs.
>
> I'm willing to take a look at those, do you have any link to a
> review/job that failed?

I suspect we're impacted by the same issue for python-heatclient, nearly
all of our patches are failing the pypy job, e.g:

http://logs.openstack.org/56/178756/4/gate/gate-python-heatclient-pypy/66e4dcc/console.html

The error "error: option --single-version-externally-managed not
recognized" looks a lot like bug 1290562 which was closed months ago.

I've raised https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-heatclient/+bug/1453095,
because I didn't know what component (other than heatclient) this could be
assigned to.

I'm attempting the bug 1290562 workaround here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181851/

If we can't figure out what the problem is, I guess we'll have to
temporarily disable our pypy job too, any insights appreciated! :)

Steve